View Single Post
Old 2008-08-28, 12:48pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Hi Brent, thanks for your reply. I am passionate about what I believe it, as you are. Most of the time my passions are, perhaps, more "generic" than yours. I want all of our beadmakers to be able to make a purchase that is right for them; kiln, torch, concentrator or whatever. Although I do support those purchases I have made, as you do, I do try to remember that what others want out of a piece of equipment, whatever it is, may be different than what I want.

Just for your information, the engineers I spoke to had no first-hand experience with the machine at all, but just the overall idea of taking a machine that produces one outcome and forcing it to produce something higher. As you just said, Jack obviously had problems with his machines early on as forecasted by those engineers. However, either he has changed what he is doing or he has found a way to, perhaps, make whatever he was doing work. I don't know and I don't care what he is doing as long as it works and makes for a wise purchase for beadmakers who make the decision to purchase his machines.

Just as an aside, you can also look at your paragraph regarding the cost of 2 M-15s and say that for an extra $300 the purchaser will get a new machine as opposed to a reconditioned one, one source to expend electricity instead of two. You can also look at it and say, well, if I want to use half the power one day, then it will cost me much less to run 1 M-15. The same engineers I spoke with before also looked at the machine I bought and suggested that at the rate I use it with proper maintenance it should last for 40 years. I don't think most of the reconditioned machines will last that long and that's the reason I made the purchase I did. Now, I am not saying any of this is right or wrong, but just that we all need to remember to look at both sides of an issue. What is right for one person may not be right for the other. At the time I purchased mine I had the funds to put into something that I believe will last me the rest of my life. The extra expense at the time didn't bother me as I was working fulltime and had the money to spend. Someone else may be in a different position and not have the funds right now to spend and they can really not care that the machine may have a shorter life-span. We all see things differently because of where we are in life at the time.

I firmly hope that the newer UO machines continue to live up to the confidence you have had in them. I sincerely hope that this more affordable alternative is as good as I have heard recently and that it will last for a period of time that makes the investment worth it. It seems at this point in time that it is doing just that.
Great points Pam and I agree with you...

I've never said one bad thing about the Regalia... haven't said it's over priced... I've just done a price comparison to other available options... if somebody needs 10 LPM at low PSI and they want to spend $1500, it's a good choice. I've heard nothing but good things about them. It's not a choice I would make. It doesn't fill my needs and even if those specs were my needs, I'd probably go with a pair of regular medical units... the power consumption is really not much at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley