View Single Post
Old 2006-05-27, 4:21pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsart
Does MAPP gas burn that much hotter than propane? Someone mentioned that they wouldn't have the patience to work with a Hot Head and propane. Mapp is more expensive but if it takes less time to melt the glass it would be worth it. I was finding today that I was having a hard time getting the glass melted enough to work with easily. Thanks for any advice!

Cheryl
I've typed and erased and typed and erased. Not sure if you'll understand this (heck, I don't and I wrote it!)

If you only have 1lb cannisters, go with MAPP. It's cleaner and hotter. For some reason the 1lb propanes tend to be sooty. You might get lucky, though. They're less than 1/2 the cost of MAPP.

If you can't get MAPP in bulk, go with the propane BBQ tank. It's ho1ter than the 1lb cannisters. Don't ask me why. It just is. Maybe it's the higher volume, yada, yada.

If you can get both MAP and Propane in bulk, it's a toss-up. The MAPP does burn hotter, but it's not a huge difference. Propane, again, is much cheaper. About 1/3 the cost of MAPP. But some areas have dirty Propane, as mentioned before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.