View Single Post
Old 2007-03-01, 1:31am
Fire and Fluidity

Thank you all for the compliments Its nice to be appreciated.

truegem: I haven't worked with soft glass, but I don't think this technique would work very well. So much of my work and boro in general depends on how stiff it is and being able to heat one side while the other is cool enough to hold its shape. I would love to know how it goes if anyone wants to try.

blueflameart:
what is your sisters name on ebay, I would love to see them.

Himalayan fanatic: Close, it is actually from a beard trimmer. Using it makes all the lines move down in parallel, which gives a different look than using a pick. I think that the last heart (blue/yellow) in my post in the Gallery may have been first raked with the comb then pulled further with a pick.

mtarara: Not to blow my own horn, much , but it just seems easy. The most important thing to pay attention to and to learn for this to work is "heat base" and "heat gradation" thorough the piece. Having the heat level change from one end to the other is what makes the glass stretch in a pleasing curve toward the tip. And of course you can't see the gradation in pictures.

-Don-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.