View Single Post
Old 2019-07-22, 1:39pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedslug View Post
Oh and make sure if you add water that your water is either distilled or reverse osmosis.

Well water is going to have minerals in it that can change the bead release properties and water softener systems will have some salt in them that also ruins bead release.

I take plumbers emery tape to scuff the surface of my new mandrels after washing the oils form manufacturing them off with dish soap.

And don't try to go with too small of a bead hole either at least to start with.

Have you tried a double coating with letting the first dip air dry for a day or four?

This heat and humidity we have been having in a lot of the US could be adding to the problem as well.

Unfortunately Devardi stuff has been known to have problems and I limit my purchases there to metal things like tools only.
I'll definitely have to give all this a try, especially the water! I had no idea the type of water mattered. Thank you all for the advice. Hopefully FosterFire, and or the other methods mentioned above will solve my problems