View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 10:30am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Default CIM Azure boiling/pitting?

Used my CIM Azure for the first time this weekend and it was getting that horrible boiling/pitting that Turquoise often gets. Anyone else get that? On the CIM website it does address that problem and says that it's caused by a "hose issue" but I was wondering if anyone else has seen the problem and come up with a solution. I'm not ready to take my entire rig apart quite yet to solve the problems I'm having with one color of glass.

I did notice that if I pulled the glass way out in the flame the boiling/pitting did NOT stop, but if I put it REALLY close to the torch, it did. WTF? Also, once I got the boiling/pitting to stop, the bead ended up nice and smooth. Once the bead was cool it did NOT have any pits left in it like Turquoise does when you pull it out of the kiln. I was using the Azure to encase Coconut rather thinly, so I can't really tell if the transparent Azure is left foggy/scummy from the pitting that occurred in the flame.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

#M-191