Thread: Fume Quest
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-01, 5:55am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlando1 View Post
Just got the bad news today. The studio space I have been using for the last three years is no more. I rented half my neighbors garage. The insurance inspector came to write a new policy and said that the studio is a fire hazard and the house will not be covered if there is a kiln and propane in the garage. I was hoping that I could torch while my knee was on the mend (Torn tendon). Looks like it might be a while before I can find another place to play. As glass addicts yourselves, I know you know how disappointed I am.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's work. I hope to post mine sometime in the future.
Dave
I hate insurance companies. How is it better to have a hot car and a gas grill stored in your garage? Lots do that ... the kiln is insulated and if on a GFI circuit is probably safer than a hot mower or hot car. A compromise might be to move the propane tank outside and run the hose through a window or wall. Just a thought.

Sorry for the rant ... I worked in insurance my first three years out of school. Great concept that like so many has gone corrupt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.