View Single Post
Old 2013-04-29, 10:18am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlando1 View Post
I do mostly pendants. Like any new equipment, there is a learning curve. I had a National 8M, with a 7 hole head, so pipes were out of the question. I would think that you could make a pretty good pipe w/ 38mm tubing. The Bravo is basically a lynx, w/ an outer burner. It will work great for pendants and small to medium sculpture. I would differ to Roy on the pipe issue.
Dave
The Bravo is definitely NOT a Lynx with an outer fire. I just received mine last week and have it hooked to 10lpms & holding tank on the center fire and tanked on the outer. Although the center fire gets pretty hot, it's not as hot as my Lynx on the exact same setup, which is why I said the Bravo is not a Lynx with an outer fire. It's slightly hotter than my Cricket, so it's probably more comparable to a Bobcat with an outer fire.

For the money, it's an okay torch, but for working on strictly oxycons, I think the GTT Scorpion or Sidewinder are a better choices. They just work better on oxycons. I spoke with Kate from Bethlehem for quite a while last week and for good sized flame, you need at least 20lpms. For what you want to do, you'll need more; 10lpm for the center and 15-20lpm on the outer. (or tanked.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.