View Single Post
Old 2010-10-03, 1:02pm
AKA Annan Designs

Default Our studio makeover

I just wanted to post some before and after pictures of our studio makeover. The first picture is the outside - the glass studio is on the far left and the main barn is the pottery and jewelry (lost wax casting, etc) area. Of course, Munchkin the cat is showing off for the camera. That is her job and she does it so well.

This is a "before" picture of the lampworking area. We had a setup for three torches but the person in the middle didn't have very much room.

So yesterday we cleaned the room out (except for the glass storage that we redid already.)

We will have a long table with 3 work spaces (plenty of room for everybody), one will be deep enough for the Redmax (or a bigger torch when I upgrade.) There will be a table for the kiln and a storage area underneath for boro. The oxygen bottles (and propane, of course) will be outside under cover. The ventilation will be from each torch to a main unit above the workspace to vent outside. I can't wait! I think they will get most of the table done today.

I just had to share with like-minded folks. Thanks for listening.

Peg