Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-20, 10:41am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by likes to make glass stuff View Post
You drive a Volvo, and use a Mac? Windows OS has a lot more problems than Macintosh does. Aren't Volvos known for their reliability?

I should have been more clear, I apologize.

Glass that costs 1/4 the price, but is more difficult to actually use. Say twice as hard as easy italian glass colors. Hard to phrase well in half, but I think you can see what I mean.
Actually, yes, I do drive a Volvo 940 wagon, and I am posting this from a Mac.

And no, I would not use glass that was twice as difficult to use, regardless of how cheap it was, unless it had a very significant payoff like being twice as beautiful. If it was twice as beautiful I might buy it and take the extra time to figure out how to work with it, even if it cost twice as much.

But no, I would not pay less for glass that is just OK, but twice as hard to use. For me, the extra time spent at the torch fussing with difficult glass would more than eat up any cost savings, so unless it's really worth my while in extra beauty, it would actually be costing me money in lost productivity. Not to mention lost patience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.