View Single Post
Old 2006-11-14, 7:57am
Butterfly Rancher

I've only had great experiences with everyone that I've ordered from: Frantz, ArrowSprings, Howaco, JoDel, ABR Imagery, Flametree -- and not on the list: Glass Diversions, Zooziis, Lauscha Lady -- I'm sure I've missed someone!

My most recent order was with Howaco and, if the Lauscha rumor proves true, they'll probably get most of my future orders. I don't usually like to make phone orders; however, it was like chatting with a good friend and being only one time zone away, it was easy to schedule into my life. I also like that Howaco is interested in the Hobbyist -- it was great to be able to try out all the various metal leaves (silver, copper, palladium & gold) for just $4.00! Shipping was fast and fairly priced.

Glass Diversions gets my vote for the best website in the business -- graphically pleasing, easy to navigate and lets me know if I've ordered something that is out of stock. Plus the shipping is incredibly fast!

As someone said earlier, I usually need (or want) something in particular and that oftentimes decides who I'm ordering from. If more than one person has the item (like last time I ordered, I needed mandrels) then I browse the website looking for other goodies (I can't just order one thing -- can I?) and compile a list for each vendor that I'm considering. So website ease of use is very high on my list. ArrowSprings and Jo-Del also make it easy to find items that are new to their sites which I might not have been considering but will tickle my fancy. Then I consider things like ease of ordering. I find it tough to phone the West Coast -- the time difference doesn't fit easily into my east coast schedule. Shipping also takes more time and is more expensive from the West Coast to the East. So Frantz and ArrowSprings are rarely at the top of my list. Jo-Del has gotten a lot of my business because I can order at 2:00 am EST. (I like to shop when I can't sleep). I also like that she lists what is in stock and what's not.

Anyway, from my experience, glass folks are nice people to do business with!