View Single Post
Old 2018-05-29, 4:42pm
Phill

The chirping you hear reminds me of the alarm noise only it lasts for a fraction of a second instead of going on and on.

We used to get chirping like that from the smoke alarms installed in on base housing back on the island of Guam.

Turns out is was from power spikes and sagging due to the crappy power system in Guam.

I would doubt that that is the source of your chirping but it could be that the alarm system is going off about a specific type of problem.

I would check to make sure that all the filters are clean ( It wouldn't hurt to go ahead and get extra filters now and swap them out but keep the old ones around in case that is not the problem this time).

I think there could be as many as 3 filters.
1) one that keeps the dust bunnies and cat hair out of it on the outside.
2) a pretty fine mesh one that really cleans the air after it gets into the case but before it reaches the mechanical parts that compress it and separate the oxygen from the rest of the air.
And 3) At least the oxycons I have opened up had a third 'biological' filter on the output line just before it goes back out the front panel to the "patient". ( This one prevents anything that might have decided to -grow- in the inner tubing from making the patient any sicker than they already were. -Growth- can be a problem if you live in high humidity areas or if the unit has been stored somewhere that did not have air conditioning for an extended period of time.)

But just to be safe, check to make sure that you don't have it powered from an extension cord past its prime or that you have too many things plugged into the same circuit breaker line.

Kilns, refrigerators, air conditioners and stoves and water heaters can cause power sagging and spikes that might trigger the alarm system in an oxycon.