View Single Post
Old 2013-10-31, 10:37am

Here is my first implosion following Ron Bearer's tutorial. It was also my second implosion ever, so I am happy with the way it turned out. I've been doing flameworking for 2 months, so I'm still a newbie.

I made the petal cane using NS Star White, Cobalt and... Super Unobtainium... Ugh...
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hence the spider cracks.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The first photo is before putting it in the kiln, the second is right after I took it out of the kiln. I guess I won't be using Super Unobtainium for deep encasement again. I should have read the manufacturer's warning before using it to create the twisty!

Even though the final product is flawed, it was a great exercise and had it not been for the spider cracks, I would have been thrilled with it. Also, Ron has been very helpful in answering all my questions. I look forward to trying out my next implosion.