View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 2:48pm

Default tonips - Trailer finally set up to work!

Well, I finally finished the new glass storage, and it gave me plenty of space to store all the glass I've accumulated since the first studio and then some.

Ran my first full kiln load yesterday, and the heat dissipates quite well with the help of a small fan. I was a little concerned about having the kiln so close to the PVC glass storage, but it doesn't get that hot.

I've put in a movable/removable ventilation system for the moment, so the motor for it is away from the work space and won't be so noisy. When it gets too cold to have all the concession windows open, I have a plan B to build the ventilation unit into. Hopefully I can put that off for a couple of months.

Still have lots of empty shelving to the rear of the workspace (which is actually the front of the trailer where the tongue is, but the work space faces out the back and sides. Trying to sort out what to install on the remaining shelves and what to leave out. Don't want it to get too heavy.

Planning to make a canvas wrap-around cover for the glass storage itself as well as the while shelving unit for when the trailer is on the road, but again, that's on the list for this winter. Not planning to go anywhere just yet. Right now I have everything bungee corded to the shelf unit itself so nothing will move, and the shelving units will be fastened to the back wall when it comes time to travel. The tools will go into a box to keep them from bouncing around, but it's nice to have everything at hand to work.

Now let's see if I can upload a couple of pictures.