View Single Post
Old 2021-12-08, 9:19am

Unhappy I think that may be the trick! Clear core!

Thanks folks! I really appreciate your input!

Sorry for long delay, I’m in a funk for some reason and have lost interest in most everything

I did sit at the torch and try 1 real short session(5 beads) the other day using Kirsten’s input of a CLEAR CORE then o-v-o (4th bead, note clear center & colored ends) & theia over the clear. I’m pretty sure THATS IT!! The purple Theia (3rd bead) came out lighter and I’m sure in GOOD SUNLIGHT it will look much better & closer to the sample! I agree, rainygrll & Yonil, sunlight makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

I was making a barrel with o-v-o over clear and got it outta shape after the STRIKE(which looked real close) but in trying to reshape the barrel I think I reset the damn thing See picture below. The first 2 beads are Elpis(first bead I had used a light blue transparent core that WAS NOT compatible with 104(think it’s bullseye left over from a previous mixup)

I think a second reason for colorful ends & clear center is the rolling I’m doing to make the barrel - I was sliding marver as well as rolling it to move glass to even up outside edges of bead…I think I thinned out the o-v-o in center.

That last bead is Melia….first try - I’m amazed how easy that one colored up! Lots of potential in that one!!!

The ANNEALING problem is the 920 for 2 hours caused the o-v-o to turn opaque pink & theia to turn very dark that it looks black!! So how do I anneal? Lower temp again & lengthen the time? I actually wrote to DH about that & some questions concerning their terminology on their frit & how to use it when striking/reducing. I’ll share. That annealing problem make sense ESC? Sorry I didn’t describe it clearer first time!!

Again thanks everyone for your help!!!