View Single Post
Old 2009-02-18, 12:36am
picking Job's Tears

waiting for my kiln, paid by Paypal, from income from my "other business" that doesn't even have a real website. So far this is my biggest expense in one go. I really want to get a shed to set up a more real studio. Where I'm torching now (open carport) I get eaten by mosquitoes and occasionally attacked by (our own) cats. However, moving to a shed would require real ventilation that I currently don't have to worry about (3 open walls and almost constant wind. Cracking beads is more of a problem than ventilation).

And well, it's my plant benches that are in the way of where the shed (DH wants one too) is going to go. How to get it there is another problem, it will have to be lifted over the house, and we both want metal sheds. We're talking about a big crane to get it there and hope for the ground not to collapse (lava tubes) and the crane fall on the house. I'm not sure this can even be done (there's some physics and geophysics involved here). I may move to the back lanai (porch), more ventilation there as long as we have any wind (our house contains a natural wind tunnel), and being out of most of the rain. Concrete floor, but still a wood wall.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln