View Single Post
Old 2013-08-20, 4:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
GTT sends an instruction sheet with each new torch and the recommended settings are listed on it. The big torches (Phantom on up) also come with a video.

The settings are higher because the orifices are smaller, thus requiring higher pressures to force gas and oxy out. They do not use more fuel or oxygen, they just need it pushed through at a higher pressure.

When I run my Phantom, I run the propane at about 8 psi and the oxygen at 25 psi. It is safe to run higher pressures. The valves are very high quality.
My phantom came with an instruction sheet that only had instructions for torches with 30+ jets. It said to run my torch on 35 psi oxy and 12 psi propane. I just recently started to question my setup and started doing research. I changed my torch to 25 psi oxy and 8 psi propane and now it seems to run much better. I probably wasted a ton of oxy since I bought it. Hopefully in the future GTT will post correct information online or at least not send misleading information with their torches.