View Single Post
Old 2013-02-27, 10:29am
Mary Lockwood

I've always thought of organic beads with the other uses of the word organic. When something is allowed to happen 'organically', it is with a minimal amount of forcing or manipulating into a contrived or planned-out form.

So that defines an organic bead for me. I don't think it matters what color it is or what shape it is. If it was made with a minimal amount of direction, if it was allowed to do it's own thing, if it is a pattern or texture that you couldn't control the details---that is organic to me.

It was allowed to just 'be'. Now, after that happens, if you squash it into a bead press and make it formed into a crisp shape, that's still classified as organic to me because the look of the glass itself was allowed to develop on its own (the color reactions, swirls, etc). It doesn't have to be a lumpy blob on the end of a stick. It just has to have an element of style that the maker couldn't dictate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.