View Single Post
Old 2013-05-08, 2:35pm

Hopefully, we reopen in a few weeks. I am just finishing up another business that I started because there is something really wrong with me and I like to work. That business will replace my day job and give me more flexibility as I own it. The new biz took over the flamedame packing room but we almost have it cleaned up and ready to go again.

There are a few Lauscha formulas out there. The old, stiffer, clear which was around when I started didn't work that well with silver colors so they modified it and started to call it Reformulated clear. That was about 5 (?) years ago. Today Lauscha calls it just plain clear. The stock number is 100. Lauscha also came out with Soft Clear around that same time. Stock number 101. It is the regular "reformulated" clear with things added to make it melt faster. It is especially good for hothead users. I also like it myself for dual fuel torches as I don't like to wait forever for my glass to melt.

There is a lof of misinformation going around about Lauscha always changing formulas but that is not true. Sometimes the ends of the clear rods look like different colors but that is due to different sand batches used in manufacture. I had one batch of soft clear come through that looked lavender but it melted like a dream. Hope that "clears" things up.

Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.