Thread: Chettah Vs Lynx
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-15, 9:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Hi pam was just looking at your site and saw that you use bullseye on your cheetah. what is the max size that you find easy to do on the cheetah and do you find any problems with going backwards and doing finer details? though id say by the awesome fish that you have no problems what so ever
Hi Andrew, I don't have any problem getting finer details with the Cheetah, but it really is just a matter of getting used to any torch. I have done fish as long as 6 inches on the torch with BE, but generally stay around 4 inches. You can do the same on a Minor or Lynx, for that matter, it's just how much time you want to spend keeping the piece warm. I'm a bit impatient, so I opt for the bigger flame so I can easily keep heat in the piece.

With regard to the oxy source question, I use the OG20, but I got that quite a few years ago, so there may be better options now than there was then. I do like the fact that it is a machine made for commercial applications, not medical, so it should last for many, many years. It doesn't power the Cheetah to its full capabilities and once in a while I miss the extra boost I could get from tanked oxy, but I'm able to work with what it produces - again, I think, just a matter of getting used to your equipment. I've had the OG about 3 years and the Cheetah at least a year or two longer than that. I also have a water-cooled Beth PM2D and the Beth Starfire (predecessor to the Baracuda), but to me for my use the Cheetah is the perfect torch.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.