View Single Post
Old 2008-10-03, 10:47am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I love my cricket, but was disappointed at the color of the knobs I got. I got the sparkly purple knobs to match my torch, but the tops are not as well marked as I would like. The propane knob top is pretty much a pinkish purple color - not noticeably red. The Oxy knob top is silver and appears to have no color at all. I spoke to Wally about it and he said they had noticed that the colors were not quite right although they were actually painted red and green. There is something in the process that made them not turn out the right color. I don't remember the details . They were willing to switch them for regular red and green knobs for free, but of course, I would have to ship it back to do that and I'm not willing to pay $20 to $30 for shipping to have the knobs switched. He did suggest that there is an enamel paint at hobby stores that I could use to mark them better, but I don't really want to deface my torch!

Anyway, due to the hoses being colored and being right below the knobs, I am able to reference the knobs easily, but I do think the knob tops need to be colored more strongly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.