View Single Post
Old 2006-03-11, 4:31am
boro color bender

Smile M-10 and M-20 oxy concentrator feild testing thread... whatcha doing with yours?

Well, I kind of though we hijacked enough threads talking about these units. Let's put it all in one thread where it can make sense, evolve and hopefully we can provide eachother and the company with some good feedback.

I set up two M-20's last night to run a Cuda. During the first little while, I must admit I was unsure. I didn't have a bottle hooked up and I was a little scared. It was a nervous energy. First I tried to crank the units... I mean come on. Who wouldn't? I had them set at about 10 LPM each. For some reason I had it in my head that these were capable of 20, so I'm only at 50% right... wrong. They are 20 PSI and 10 LPM, so once I got my head screwed on straight, I remembered the plan and why I have two. I backed them off and set them at 7-8 each... my torch liked that much better. I started to level out and feel the hummmmmm of the machines. They are quiet. Every once in a while, the go psssss ever so softly. They are baby oxygen dragons and they snore for you every once in a while. LOL

Ok, so now for the day after results... The Triple Passion I worked came out very nice. I like the look of it better than with the GTT and bottles. I was able to have a tiny bit of haze and encase it or not have any at all. It was cool and definitely different than what I'm used to. The set up is plenty hot enough to work small to medium boro. I'm not planning any 3" marbles right now anyway. I will throw it up on one of the lathes and give it a run on some thicker rod... should I start with the 44MM?

Which one are you running and what's it powering? Do you like it? Do you not like it? Let's have an open honest discussion from the end users.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley