View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 4:15pm

Jenna,
I stumbled onto your post for a reason. I had time to torch this week. I had not used the Lynx in a while. When I used it last, I was not thrilled. Guess what? I'm still not thrilled after a couple of years of owning and practicing with it.
I don't know if I'm not the "expert" I should be. It doesn't matter, really. It does fine - you know the kind of "fine" that your last man said you looked as he referred to your outlay of beauty? The reality is here, is that the flame is not bushy enough for me, i.e. there is not enough ambient heat available, and the stress over not wanting the other side of the bead to cool too fast while I'm working on a side, messes with my groove. I don't generally crack beads, but it's a hassle. When it is suggested to work out further in the flame, there's really not enough comfort heat for that. The pinpoint flame is great for detail work, but there is this big disadvantage. If I'm still into the learning curve at this point, I surrender to it. C'est la vie!
Meanwhile, I am looking for a torch that will give me the ambient heat I need in a similar price range. I wish us well! It's not an easy thing to find, it seems.
Maybe I just need to work only in boro and sell off my huge stash of soft. That's a thought....