View Single Post
Old 2007-08-28, 1:05pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Hey Mona & MJ--I sooooo hear ya! I mean, it only makes sense--there's LOADS of hothead users, and not "all" of us are beginners--I mean, look at Nikki the Sheep Goddess, and *Naos*/Amber, they both use Hothead torches pretty much exclusively & have expressed no desire to upgrade. So does Sarah Hornik (I probably spelled her name wrong...) I believe--and her beads are amazing! We're talking beadmakers who are well known in the community & go through *lots* of glass & make *amazing* beads!

I think Mary Moth used her hothead for something like 2 or 3 years before she upgraded too--she was doing jellyfish on it! Jacinthe/Sarah in the netherlands used hers for a very long time & made some amazing stuff as well! It's *not* just a "beginner" torch! There are people who push it far beyond newbie beads!

I won't be upgrading mine anytime soon either--a kiln is definitely first, (and that may be years away ) and then better living quarters (again...who knows when!) so knowing what works & how would definitely be an "enticement to buy"! The glass companies should realize that just because some of us "use cheap torches" doesn't mean they should discount us as potential customers for their glass...I think they're missing an entire customer base!

~luna
I agree! I have no plans of getting a hotter torch anytime soon either. It would be great to have these new glasses tested on our torch too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.