View Single Post
Old 2009-03-07, 1:47pm
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeads View Post
Cynthia, please release your TUT. PLEASE...I am so hoping for a Peepers Tut, but understand if it is not. I so love your Peepers.

I agree that the wording Birdy used could have been better BUT she did warn people by naming the thread RANT, so therefore one should expect some harsh words.

I aslo think that attacking back is bad customer service. Sorry but it is. By saying something like, I hope its your meds talking and when you wake up from that drug induced stuper.....aaa yea. Wish I could say that to my customers when they come into the store and get a bit snotty with me. I would not have any customers......

I do agree with Birdy that full disclosure is a must. Tools, Type of Glass, if any thing like enamels, pixie dust, silver foil, and the like are needed in order to get similar effects. You are selling effects when you are using silver glass...yes you are. I cannot get ANY of the silver glass to do anything for me and I have tried and tried. So by suggesting an alternative to Terra, by using TerraNova would mean nothing to me. I too would be pretty upset to find out after the fact that expensive silver glass was needed in order to get the same effects.

Also I don't think its good or fair to expect buyers to email every tut writer they are interested in buying from with questions before making the purchase.

Make it as clear as possible what is needed in order to get the desired effect/end result. How is that expecting too much from the the writers?

J
i'm really on the fence about this. a lot of times you're purchasing the tutorial for the secret..for whatever material it takes to make that particular bead. so if they promote their tutorial as silver and enamel effects... you need _____ glass and _____ enamel .. then you will know the secret before you purchase the tutorial. know what i mean? then they wont sell as many, because they're giving too much away.

i do not think authors need to disclose every material you need to make the bead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.