View Single Post
Old 2010-09-21, 10:21am
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
I did say I was done with this thread - but I want to respond to your very thoughtful post.

Yes, my response is probably a bit skewed. It takes a tremendous amount of work and time to produce a tutorial - someone likened it to giving birth and their comment resonated with me. Once your tutorial is born, it is a bit like raising a child: you want to protect it, nurture it, improve it if you can. When someone else comes along and makes general, sweeping comments about all tutorials and tutorial writers, the response, both external and internal can be fierce. It is almost like being made to defend your child (not comparing the intensity of the mother response - I have a child, I know THAT intensity).

LOL!! This is a just a wordy way to say, "Thank you! You are correct!"

This is just a short "Thank you!"
Heh... well, I can only talk about what I'm familiar with and I am TOTALLY one of those people who forgets that for every one person who snipes at me, fifty others are being nice to me.

I just think it's something we all tend to do... and it's a shame. Thanks for letting me remind myself while reminding you that it's better to focus on what feels good rather than what feels bad and invariably there is more of what feels good.

You rock!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.