View Single Post
Old 2010-09-21, 6:13pm
Hanging in there

I'll put my two cents in here. I'm a craft designer who has written 9 craft how-to books. In the old days (90's), I would send designs to a potentional publisher and if they liked the book idea, I had a book deal.

Now editors require not only the fantastic design but they also want that design stepped out. Even I was taken aback with all the books I had written at the time when it was asked of me but no problem.

Then a few years ago, a publisher I had worked with came to me with a book idea, a first for me. They had wanted to go with a new designer but when she submitted the step outs, they were unacceptable and my name came up.

Holly was also my first producer for The Carol Duvall Show. I'll never forget my very first show. I was making a polymer clay sock monkey and I had every step all set up in a line ready to rehearse with her. She came over as I explained the step and took out, to my dismay, every other step I had made and then some. I thought she was crazy but then she was the producer and I had never done television before.

The segment went on, I finished on time and Carol loved it. I became a regular guest for 10 seasons. And I thank Holly every day for her help which she still gives to me today.

Becky

My Family Favorite Recipes:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.