View Single Post
Old 2010-09-21, 8:15pm
Cat Winx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly'sFolly View Post
Laura (& Squid)

Every example in my article was based on a different experience, often two or more.

The one that keeps coming up here is ONE that happened this past weekend but it's happened to me before with other tut writers. But I kept referring to this one because

* It just happened
* I've known the person for years
* I've supported her business for years

I've never said anywhere how much I've done for the "community." Other than being an avid bead buyer back when I made a real living, I can't say I've done much for "the community."

When you know someone live and in person; have spent lots of money on their beads / products; assisted them in other ways, etc. the expectation of reciprocity is a little bit different.

The rest of the examples in my article were other people / issues.

Holly,
I don't know you and am relatively new to the world of lampwork. I can see that there are a lot of people who do and have appreciated your efforts on their behalf.

However, that said, I, too, see you have gone out of your way to offer some constructive criticism (unsolicited, but still) and have watched the arc of this thread with some interest.

Initially you got a lot of positive feedback from almost everyone.. even though they also had some constructive criticism for you in return.

I don't know if you are aware of the fact that you come across as blowing your own horn a bit overmuch (which I reserve your right to blow... nonetheless.. it seems to be bringing you several reactions you aren't too happy about)..

Laura B did a very good job of pointing out (gently and respectfully, I thought) another way you might want to approach that criticism as several of these people have entertained your suggestions in *spite* of the fact that you've pushed some of their buttons, too.

Perhaps you could return the favor and entertain some of theirs instead of continuing to defend yourself and reiterating how much experience you have.. (you're not helping your case by repeating that again and again, I guarantee it) ..or how much this one artist did you wrong (and it wasn't any of *these* tutorial writers, for the record) and, perhaps, just gracefully accept the fact that you aren't the only one who knows what you're talking about?

I'm just sayin'....

~Rachel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.