View Single Post
Old 2011-01-31, 6:52pm
I'm a lilac!

Default Zimmerman Chat Thread

OK. I'm obsessed. As you know, there isn't much Zimmerman glass left out there in the world, and most of us know how fabulous certain colors are... like everything in the Lilac family: Z-99, Z-850, and Z-851.

Here's my problem; I WANT to buy 1/2 kilo of every color Olympic Color Rods has left, but money-wise, that's absurd! So I'm starting this thread in the hope that we can all share info on which of the remaining colors are absolute must-haves before they are all sold out and lost to the world forever.

I recently bought a bunch of blues, pinks, and purples, and most of them, honestly, are meh... they don't do much for me. I'll probably sell them off to recoup money to buy the ones I really like. But so far, three of them are really standing out for me; Z-850, which I have already posted about a million times:

Then there's Z-75, which they call "light blue" but is actually a super-dense, super-creamy deep lapis blue, and Z-76, which they call "gray blue" and is actually a fabulous deep indigo. In pics it looks kind of purple, but it's really deep warm blue.

I'll post pics of the Z-75 later this week.

What Zimmerman colors have you found to be absolutely fabulous? Are there any greens that have this rich, creamy, slightly variable quality? I'm especially interested in the colors they still have left here:

http://www.glasscolor.com/colors/zimmerman_opaque.aspx

Pictures are especially encouraged! Maybe if we all work together we can make sure we all get the awesomest colors before it's too late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.