View Single Post
Old 2005-06-17, 1:35pm
Lady Firebird

Default Talkin' about torches....

(Disclaimer: newbie question here, but I've never heard it asked exactly this way so I'm asking...)

I'm on a HotHead and I have a love/hate relationship with it. Love it because I have it to play with, hate it because I want mo' betta mo' hotta fire to play with. So I'm want to move up to an oxy/propane torch (with full safety precautions!) in a minute or two, and have been doing my research.

I see plenty of info about torches. I have yet to find anywhere a true comparison of entry-level torches (e.g. Minor, Carlisle mini-CC, GTT Bobcat, Beth Piranha, Knight Little Dragon, etc.) listing highlights (and lowlights, so to speak) of each -- something other than "this is what I use and it's THE BEST" (WHY is it the best???). New folks like me don't know as much as we will if/when we get ready to upgrade, so we need the help at the entry point.

Kristian Turley's posting in various places, where he rated the torches one star to four stars, helps, but it doesn't give pros and cons of the torches. That's what I'm looking for, so I can see what will work best for ME .

Can anyone contribute to un-doing my state of confusion? TIA!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Scorpion torch & Regalia oxycon