View Single Post
Old 2005-09-09, 4:36am
Safety ALWAYS

The temperatures for soft glass and boro are only about 1-200 degrees apart, so this is usually not a problem. You indicate that you are in Canada, right now, the only "approved" kiln that can be resold in Canada appears to be the RANA kiln, sold by my company. I got this information direct from Jean at Nortel. They brought in kilns from all the manufacturers, and the RANA kiln was the only kiln that met all the exacting standards of the Canadian electrical code: the current draw was 12 amps or less, it was wired to code, etc. If you want this kiln, please contact Jean at Nortel and I'm sure she would be happy to take care of you on this. http://www.auralens.net/kiln_beadannealer.cfm

Additionally, Jean can also take care of you with the concentrator. I believe she purchases them direct from Paulette at SunCoast Beads.

Truly, Jean can take your hand and lead you through the great morass of information that is out there. Good luck to you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.