View Single Post
Old 2013-07-19, 10:40am

Quote:
Quite a few people say we don't even need glasses for soft glass unless the sodium flare bothers us or keeps us from seeing what we are working on?
IMO, while I have read that, in the past, there were 'some' people claiming that, I do not think it was "quite a few" people, nor do I think anyone these days is advocating that you do not need eye protection. If nothing else, physical protection is crucial!

Secondly, why the Sodium flare 'may' not be harmful, it does make things more difficult to see what you are doing in the flame. The glasses and/or shield make things easier to see what you are doing.

Quote:
If we really do not need eye shields for soft glass then why can't the sheets work? Wouldn't they be a step up from nothing? And since we don't really need sodium flare protection why wouldn't it be okay to use anything to help protect our faces from the ambient heat?
The glass sheets from HIS are not smooth, and hence are not optically clear. There will be distortion when looking through one.

If you do not want the Sodium flare filtration, then I would suggest a shield that at last offers IR and UV filtration.

Then again, don't be afraid to think outside the box ...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978