Thread: sandblaster tip
View Single Post
Old 2021-10-13, 8:23pm

Default sandblaster tip

Hello,

I have been searching for a sandblaster for a looong time but still cannot figure out what sandblaster would work for me the best.

- I blow lamp worked glass objects that range from about the size of a bead to hollow objects the size of a tumbler.

- I believe a dental sandblaster is best suited for etching and finishing the size and kind of objects that I make. But I have some doubts about the size of the pen tip in a dental sandblaster. For example, will I be able to achieve a uniform matt finish on larger objects if the pen tip is quite small and focused?

- What price range is for dental sandblasters would be suitable for the kind of sandblasting that I need to do? Here in Australia, they start from as cheap as AUD$100 (of course I'm not getting that one!) to AUD$3,000!! (I'm not getting that one either!) Hoping for something between AUD$6-800 as new.

- Any model, or brand suggestion?

- Or, is there a sandblaster other than a dental one that is more suitable for the size of objects that I make (bead size to tumbler size)?

Is there anyone out there using a sandblaster for glass objects like I make? Or maybe, someone has a second hand sandblaster to sell?

It would be sooo wonderful to receive any advice.

ps, I live in Australia so my response will be time-lagged.

Cheers, Akie