Old 2012-12-11, 10:44am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiP View Post
Pandora chains are 4.2mm
Biagi chains are 4.1mm
Troll chains are less than 4mm
European chains, the minimum hole size is 4.37mm
Uncored beads made on 5/32" mandrels will fit because 5/32" is 0.15625" which is 3.96875mm provided that your bead release is 0.2mm thick
If you core your beads and want to use 3/16" mandrels, you must get the special sterling silver tubings Debbi Hackeson/ginkodesigns worked with Indian Jewelry Supply to custom produce the ONLY 5.08mm tubings that will fit Pandora chains allowing you to use 3/16" mandrels. 27 gauge, 5.08mm OD, 4.37mm ID are the important specifications. The standard 3/16" tubings from Rio Grande and other suppliers will NOT work. http://www.etsy.com/shop/ginkodesigns
Even then, the mandrel is 3/16" which is 4.7625mm. The tubing is a smidge over 5mm. Thus if you have a thin coat of bead release, you do need to dremel the hole out a bit to fit.

Like I said this is just accumulated information. I've never done any coring. Hopefully it's correct and helpful.
All of the above information is from my first post of the Big-Hole Bead Exchange. There are more information in that post and throughout the exchange thread if you are interested.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=166167

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|