View Single Post
Old 2011-02-25, 10:47am
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Chandler View Post
I think that this is where a lot of bead makers get into trouble. They learn how to make the bead shine and sparkle and take close ups of details in the bead that when viewed in person do not pop the same as the photos.

The buyer then views the bead as NOT the same as in the photos. Especially buyers that are unfamiliar with glass beads.

Unhappy buyer and possibly negative feedback then ensues. Monitor color differences are a problem also and I sure don't know how to fix that except with descriptions and disclaimers about monitors.
Good point. I think most experienced buyers understand that glass looks much better in strong light and that supermacro mode on a camera will show details that may not be all that noticeable to the naked eye. Also light shining through the back of the photo when it is viewed on a monitor can make the bead look a lot more spectacular than it would look in normal indoor light. If the bead is being worn as a pendant and is against clothing, there is no way bright light will be shining through. Of course everybody wants to make their photos look great, but there is always a risk of an inexperienced bead buyer being disappointed and leaving unflattering feedback.

I think adding fake sparkles in Photoshop is going a little too far. I can tell when somebody does that, but I think most customers can't. It seems intentionally deceitful to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.