View Single Post
Old 2008-08-16, 1:12pm
one day at a time

Pretty beads, Pat!

I have used System 96 sheet glass with most of my stash of frits. Never seen any problems, and I have really old beads in shoeboxes (un-annealed wonkies) and very little breakage. Every now and then I go through them and find some split completely in half, but no shattered intact or blown apart ones like you find with incompatabilities. Well, they were never put in the kiln!

I wouldn't do this with any other stained glass, but BE or the System 96 - small amounts of frit shouldn't be a problem. I never encase clear over frits, unless it's all the same COE and all the same brand of glass. Even then you can still have trouble. Like I did with Effetre 444 (lt. brown) and Effetre clear!

I do strongly agree with Dennis about incompatabilities, and the viscosity thing...that always made me nervous! Like you might read: "This clear melts like butter and is wonderful for encasing!" Eek...but the viscosity...shouldn't my base bead melt like butter also, for them to like each other???