View Single Post
Old 2010-03-15, 9:51am
Storm Queen

I tried Traci's technique yesterday and I got crap. My kiln was at 900 degrees. I did a fabulous bead a few days before and I hadn't read this thread yet and my kiln was at 980 so I know it's not the kiln anyway. I really don't like the batches I have. I miss the very first batch that I would work hot, get curdling, let cool to turn brown and encase. As soon as I encased all the colors would pop up and you could work on your encasement and shaping and the colors wouldn't budge. I got the prettiest pastels out of it. Then I got a good batch of 2.1 and once that was gone, I haven't gotten any batches that work well for me. It's inconsistent or I'm inconsistent with it. I haven't figured it out yet. I guess I need to spend a day making beads and taking notes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.