View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 6:27pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

I'm mostly a 96 girl these days except for silver glass. When I do reach for the 104 it's either the excellent batch of Moretti SC I bought from Art Glass House over a year ago when they got a really nice batch in OR Uroboros 104.

On the Uroboros, I'm a huge fan but I can tell you from experience with their 96 clear that while 90% of the time it's gorgeous you do occcasionally find a batch here and there that runs to some bubbles/scum, usually when the glass is at a point where it's hard to find. My 104 batch currently is gorgeous but I don't doubt that someone could hit a bad lot, it's happened to me with their 96.

De, on a hothead with the Uroboros 104 try the noodles instead of full rods maybe? The noodles are more like thick stringer and might be an easier go with a hot head. I use the noodles when I want super thin encasement.

Clear. I love it. I use it daily. When it's good it's very very good and when it's bad DH knows to stay the Hell out of the studio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.