View Single Post
Old 2014-02-23, 6:18pm

Default BOC @ Playing With Fire Studio in Rockland, Maine- photos!

Hi all,

I'm just now home from a wonderful day of torching at Playing With Fire, which everyone knows is my favorite studio owned by Ed and Virginia Slawson.

We had 7-8 torches running from 11 am until about 6:30-7 pm. Ed set up a display for us to keep in mind the guidelines for BOC's needs. Gail Joseph donated glass and a local glassworker (whom I don't know and whose name I can't remember) also donated glass for the cause.

I brought my Beads of Courage Critter book to share- as was okayed & no copies were made but lots and lots of worms, turtles, cats, lizards and a stray spider came into being. Can't credit the book with the spider but it was fun sharing information in the book and bringing animals to life for children who really need them.

Dominoes donated pizza's to us for lunch and dinner. It was wonderful support for hungry torchers!

Aw heck, who needs the story when the pictures will do, right? I missed getting pictures of Julie and Deb. They both had left by the time I remembered the camera. I'm chalking that up to how busy I was creating! Otherwise, it's an old age thing and I can't have that today!

Attendees included Pam, Alice, Melissa, Julie, Laura J, Sue, Deb and studio owners and wonderful friends: Virginia and Ed Slawson.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our hostess with the mostest, Virginia Slawson

Can't have the hostess without the host so here is our host with the most, Ed Slawson

And where would be be without pictures of the booty?

And some of ours who couldn't make it in person represented themselves by sending in beads:

It was a wonderful cause supported by equally wonderful people. I was pleased to be a part of today.

Sue
and the present is a gift.