View Single Post
Old 2017-11-14, 4:36pm

Default Propane dies after a few minutes of lighting my torch

Hi All,
This is my first time post so I hope all goes well

I came back to my Phoenix Studio (which is in my garage) in September. I store my concentrator in the house during the summer but Everything else was left in the garage. I started up my torch and lite it. It ran for about a minute and then the flame died. I tried it several times. I took the propane tank to the station and had it checked. If was half full and they filled it up. Told me I might have a gas bubble so turn it upside down for a while and then try again. I did all that several times. No change. I then got another tank and tried it....same thing happened. I let it sit a week or so upside down and lit the torch again...it ran for about 10-15 minutes and then died. When it does you can see the regulator gauges are at zero.

My setup is this: propane tank outside with black hose connected from tank to a pipe (that runs through the garage wall), pipe to brass ball value to regulator to frame arrestor to hose to torch.

I installed this in Oct of 2015 and have used it for about 5 months in the winter. The hose looks ok and the torch has been lit for about 15 minutes so I'd thinking those items are not the problem. Although I haven't cleaned the torch It's a mega minor. My regulator is a Smith from Frantz Art Glass. I have written to Mike Frantz today and he is also not sure what is going on so he wrote to Nortel.

I thought I would put this out for anyone who has had a similar experience.

Thank you in advance for help!