Thread: fire sign?
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-01, 7:32am

Glass is made from sand (earth), made more liquid (water) using a torch (fire) and given shape by breath (air).

Before you say "hang on I make beads and don't blow my glass"; don't forget that air and oxygen are also used to make your flame hotter

So, why is it important to ask who is a fire sign and hence make the implication that being a fire sign is more suited to glassworking? Just because fire is the most obvious and visible part of glassmaking?
It's like a finger pointing at the moon. You look at the finger, you miss all the heavenly glory!
In regards to making glass, fire would be useless without all the rest and vice versa.

Besides, by the opening statement "just wondering how many of you lampworker are actually fire signs" and "Are fire signs more likely to enjoy working with flames?" you're already polarizing the poll Better just to have the poll without initial comments and present your hypothesis once the results are in ... I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't vote

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.