View Single Post
Old 2007-06-09, 7:24am

It's taken me a while, but I think I'm ready to answer why I like boro. I've tried over and over again to go back and spend time on soft glass, but every time has been a disappointment for me. There's just something about the colors you can achieve in boro that don't even compare to the WYSIWYG soft glass colors. And I love the clear!

As I was filling one last soft glass order yesterday, I came up with another reason - the soft glass was exploding all over my work table. I ended up with 3/4 of the rod in tiny pieces - many of them landing on me and leaving burns. I rarely, if ever, have to worry about exploding glass and burns with boro glass.

I love that I can take one color rod and come up with several different results. There's some science to it and I find it challenging - something I just couldn't find with soft glass. That might be the main reason for me - the challenge. I take constant notes, have a boro "notebook" and sample beads kept in a box with recipes. Damn it's fun!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.