View Single Post
Old 2010-11-07, 8:05am
addicted to dichro

I don't really care, but I'm the type of person who doesn't care for sales anyway, on anything. I'd rather people just pick a fair price for stuff and stick with it because then I don't have to agonize over the right time to buy it. If I know something increases in price over time I'm more likely to buy it than I am if I think it's going to go on sale later.

I think the main purpose of having a sale is you get to advertise again to announce it.

Someone might not be thinking about buying winter coats at all, but then they might see an ad for "20% off all last year's winter coats" so they buy a winter coat.

It sounds a heck of a lot better than an ad that says "Buy last year's winter coats!"

Basically I don't really care, it's simply the selfish part of me that hates to see something on sale that I paid full price for earlier. I might feel slightly worse about this with tutorials because, I know there is no huge leftover stock the person is having the sale to try to get rid of. You can sell an infinite amount of tutorials and you'll never get stuck with any "left over". Because I feel this way I'm not going to put my tutorial on sale at anytime.

I really don't think anyone is going to care too much either way though and if the authors of the tutorials I have put them on sale, I probably wouldn't think about it at all. After all I've had the use of the tutorial for a very long time now, that otherwise I wouldn't if I had waited for the sale.

Sorry that's a lot of talking to basically say nothing.

I think you should just do what you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.