Thread: FLASHBACK
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-30, 12:02pm
RaymondMillbrae

DeAnne,

if you need a flashback arrestor/quick disconnect combo for the fuel line ONLY, then try ARROW SPRINGS. They sell tham as a packet for both fuel line and oxy line...or as a fuel line only, or as an oxy line only.

Combination Flashback Arrestor and Quick-Connect
Complete 4 Piece Set ..... $75.00 Part# FLASHQU
2 Piece Oxygen Set Only ..... $43.00 Part# FLASHQU-OXY
2 Piece Fuel Gas Set Only ..... $43.00 Part# FLASHQU-GAS

If you should add the HOSE CONNECTION (not the regulator connection) take into consideration the added length of this connection. This will mean that the parts will stick out around 3" to 4" inches further from your torch. Also be aware that with the HOSE CONNECTION, if the line should somehow be compromised (a leak in the hose with static in the area, a hot chunk of glass falling on it, etc...), then the regulator and the tank are not protected. BOOOOOOOOM!!! (Just food for thought).

The way I have mine set up is with the REGULATOR attachment. I took it off my acetylene tank. (I have an oxy/acetylene set up). The way I see it, I need to ensure that the TANK does not blow up. If the hose burns and pops...that's OK. My hose is not too long, and does not hold much fuel. It may cause some scorching or surprise, but it won't blow an arm off. Whereas, if the TANK BLOWS...then that's a totally different story. Especially with an acetylene tank...or a bulk propane tank.

Glad you're sleeping in peace now. Maybe others will now be able to do likewise.

In Christ: Raymond

PS: Here's some WESTERN FLASHBACK ARRESTORS (regulator mounted) for sale on eBay.

Last edited by RaymondMillbrae; 2008-06-30 at 1:24pm. Reason: Cuz I thought of some more stuff.