Thread: FLASHBACK
View Single Post
Old 2008-07-07, 12:02am
I speak Murrini!

Lori~~

I see you didn't get a reply yet on your question...didn't want to leave it to chance, so I'm posting in this thread again to bring it back to everyone attention!

For sure, the idea of threading your "soft hose through a metal pipe that goes through the outside garage wall" is a HUGE "NO NO". This was my original idea until Dale set me straight (and the last thing I want to do is void my Homeowner's Policy!) See Post #8 and #14 above for Dale's reply to me and his suggestion for properly piping the line through the wall.

I've been tearing my hair out and going back and forth with a ton of possibilities - especially in light of the fact that most "gas grade" products (including those available at Home Depot and other home improvement stores) have a "flare" fitting (these are standardized uniform threads for compatibility amongst the gas rated products) - including the gas grade shut off linked in Dale's posting (right above his signature) #46 above.

So.........I THINK I'VE FINALLY FOUND ALL THE COMPATIBLE PARTS!!! I'm going to take a photo of the "set up" (before it gets attached to the lines and run through the wall) so I can CONFIRM that it's OK. If I get the "thumb's up", I'm going to list the name and part number of every single part so others can refer to this and not have the same nightmare trouble I did!!!

Basically, I purchased:

a) One 9" long 1/2" diameter Gas Grade "Black" Pipe with threads at both ends (this will be the part that goes through the wall);
b) Two 1/2" female end Gas Shut Off Valves (as linked in Dale's Post #46 above) - one for inside and one for outside - each attaches on opposite ends of the Black Pipe;
c) Two reduction couplings that will reduce the 1/2" openings of the open end of the Valve down to 1/4";
d) Two couplings with 1/4" on one end and 1/8" diam. "barbs" on the other to attach my T Grade hoses with hose clamps (inside to run to in-line Flashback then on to torch; outside to run to Quick Disconnect/Flashback/Regulator)
e) A bag of proper sized steel "U" shaped thingies (to attach the pipe to the firebreak stud in the wall.

SO THERE!!! I'll post a picture - but I can't imagine that this is anything but PERFECT and completely and totally safe!!!

I'm hoping Dale see's this and gives me the feedback (ALL SYSTEMS "GO") my ears (and torch) are dying to hear!

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro