View Single Post
Old 2018-02-12, 7:31pm

Talking using CBS glow pigment and UV reactive glass

After searching under every version of Ultra Violet reactive glass and glow pigment terms I can think of, I haven’t found any discussion on using these. Surely with the current rage on everything glowy this has come up somewhere on this site. If so, please post the link to discussions. If not, please post any experiences you have with these products; Boro UV reactive glasses of various colors and brands and/or CBS’s Glow Pigment. Especially the CBS Glow Pigment.
There is some information on the websites of the various vendors selling UV reactive glass (particularly Boro) but virtually none on using the Glow Pigment other than to say it has no COE.

I’m waiting on an order I just placed for a bunch of these and have lots of ideas swirling around in my head on using them. But NO experience. I’m particularly interested in info. on the glow pigment since I can use it with Boro or Soft glass.

GLOW PIGMENT QUESTIONS Can it be mixed in the colors? Does it need to be encased like it does when fusing with it? (Saw that on the CBS video but no mention of using it in Lampworking except that you can.) Does it need to be treated like Dichro in that it burns off if exposed to flame? Can I mix it with color or clear, pull out to a stringer and do dots or stringer work with it? How does doing that sort of thing affect the amount of glow you get?

As you can see ideas and ?s just bursting to a bright glow in my head.
Thanks, Linda