View Single Post
Old 2015-04-29, 10:13am
They see me rollin'...

I had to come back to this thread and post some new results.

I tried again a couple of days ago and got some amazing color from Iaso! I used the same technique that DH showed in their video, and it worked! I made the bead (used a tube bead roller), let it cool a bit and then dipped it in a light reduction flame right in front of the candles.

One turned copper/gold, and with the rest I got some amazing rainbow colors with copper/gold mixed in. A couple of them had really intense purples.

I loved them so much I immediately put them on a cord and wore them to work, and I got lots of compliments. Often people don't even notice my beads, but they did notice these, and one lady wants me to make her some too.

Sorry about the crappy photos! I snapped a quick photo yesterday morning, then promptly dropped one and it's lost forever. Fortunately I have several rods of it left so I'm planning on making a bunch more!

I do think it helped that the bead was a simple shape. I tried to make a ribbed bead and it wasn't cooperating.

It is now my favorite glass, except maybe for Oceanos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti