View Single Post
Old 2018-02-07, 4:17am

Hi all and thanks again for your invaluable advice.

I'm not going to go on boring everyone with my beadie attempts, you'll be pleased to know! I do have three that I'm reasonably pleased with at this stage, but they are all flawed in some way and I wanted to brain-pick to find out what I did wrong, if you don't mind.

The triangle bead I think I let droop a bit at one point and I'm not sure the dots were all exactly equally sized, so that's probably the issue there? I didn't quite cover all of the white areas with the transparent either.

The other two are disc implosions - a bit too advanced maybe, but I couldn't resist having a go! The bigger one isn't too bad, but has a black line around the base, which is where I added a little more clear. It's the same clear as the rest which hasn't got any lines and it wasn't heated any more fiercely. (it took AGES to do!)

The other thing is that the disc implosion tutorials/videos I've found all say to put dots right to the edge of the disc. I did so, but the outer dots don't get folded in by the clear. The petals from them seem to sit on the outside of the bead, almost. Is that correct?

The little implosion has a similar-ish thin dark line, but it's more like a shadow following the shape of the green dots - like a set of shadowy arches.

Sorry to rattle on and ask so many questions, but any input would be most appreciated, thank you

Addition: Wow! The pix came out huge! I think I need to work on that too!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Handyann; 2018-02-07 at 4:21am.