View Single Post
Old 2006-01-08, 6:29am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Amber Purple or Double amber purple... work it til it goes clear... let it cool below glow and then either kiln strike it at about 1075 for a while or flash it in the back of the flame.... the color should POP!

See... My bead does not go clear , the minor and one concentrator just aint hot enough for those deep purples. I did get a fab purple when I made an unencased double amber purple bead, I only flashed it through the flame and it did pop. I guess the clear on top is just a bit too much to handle for my poor minor ( the thing looks like a blowtorch whenever I work boro, I feel really cool and tough when making boro beads)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.