View Single Post
Old 2011-10-06, 4:23pm
Sam I Am

The hood
Now that was an adventure. Lots of reading and asking questions. Trying to make sense of the numbers. How much CFM?? Well there is a point where you can have too much ventalation. When you are exchanging the air in the room in less than a minute that is too much. So we came up with a number we could all live with. That is me the HVAC engineer the ventalation gurus from different sights and the person who helped me the most from the Corning Glass studio. Big Bertha (the fan) has a variable speed dial a good one the kind that keeps from over heating. I love the louvers that open and close when it is turned on and off.

My hubby and I designed the hood ( go big or go home) and I think she is pretty. the HVAC company made her and installed everything in one day.
The electrician did his work and we turned her on------ an un-Godly Clanging which sent us all running. The blades had shifted in shipping but that was easily fixed and no damage was done.

Here if the whole process from fan to hood
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.