View Single Post
Old 2010-04-12, 5:21pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Hi Michelle!

I've been using Lauscha black for beads that I'm not encasing. (You know I still have about two pounds of that bad batch of Effetre that I had the last time you came for a visit, so I just use that on beads I plan on encasing.)

Also...if you can find any, CIM Charcoal is a great alternative to black for big beads that you work for an extended time in the flame. I don't know if the Charcoal was an odd lot or just a color they discontinued, but it stays nice and shiny and doesn't pit around the edges of the raku. I have some CIM Tuxedo too but haven't tried it with raku yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDoorBeads View Post
Dawn once again you have taken my breath away!!! I have one question would you mind telling us what black you are currently using- I am still trying to use up the 5 lbs of vetro black that I got a while back and it all kinda goes gun metal on me I would love to use a good black that will not do that lol!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator